Saturday, December 3, 2011

Greek superhero

Star Eagle Spartan, a superhero I created for an article in the major greek newspaper TA NEA. Drawn by me and colored by talented Marina Tikinina.

Yeah I know he looks more American than Greek. That's because there's no future in greek superheroics and he wants to be picked for a big U.S superteam. Below is his story as I gave them (I haven't seen the actual newspaper yet but I understand they had to trim it for publication).

"Star Eagle Spartan
Πρώην γνωστός ως Eκδικητής, ως Άσσος της Πάλης, ως Μακεδών, ως Πολεμιστής, ο Λευτέρης Πανάκος υπερασπίστηκε την Ελλάδα ενάντια σε κάθε απειλή για χρόνια. Αντιμέτωπος με μια κατάσταση πέραν των (υπερ)δυνάμεων του υιοθέτησε τη νέα περσόνα του Star Eagle Spartan, έγραψε στο θείο του στην Αστόρια ότι του έρχεται και έκανε αίτηση για να τον πάρουν στην US Superhero League"

EDIT:
And here's the newspaper page.

No comments: